Friday, August 19, 2005

Authorities

Today I have discussed my possibilities with two ladies at the Swedish Aviation Authorities. The first one was an administrator at the medical department. She was optimistic, and as far as she could see, I wouldn't meet any particular problems in getting an exemption for my nearsightedness. My old medical protocols, including the one from a special eye examination, seemed to still be valid. This will save me some money and time.

The second adminstrator told me that I could post my application for "Elevtillstånd" (i.e. permission to take flying lessons) today, but that I should request a new personal investigation from the police authorities, since the previous one could be outdated. I will go to the police office at lunchtime today to fill out that form.

I won't count any chickens before they've hatched, but things does actually seems quite bright right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home